the hands show the way of the heart

Santos I

| On
June 19, 2011

Dancei. Dancei muito. Como se o mundo e o tempo tivessem parado à minha volta e só eu estivesse em movimento, rodeada de pessoas que não se lembrariam da minha cara quando a terra voltasse a girar.

Viver é confuso. É sujo. Ruidoso.

Fui pisada, levei com cerveja em cima, entrei num comboio com gente que não conhecia. Amigos temporários com quem não me precisei de trocar palavras. Bastaram gestos.

Eu gosto dos Santos porque me lembram quem sou. E entre muitas outras coisas, eu sou uma portuguesa de Lisboa que se encanta por manjericos e bailaricos e ponchas de maracujá.

::

I danced. I danced a lot. As if time and the world around me had stopped and as if I were the only thing in motion, surrounded by people who will not remember my face when the earth started turning.

Living is messy. It's dirty. Noisy.

I was stepped on, took over with beer, I boarded on a train with people I never met. Temporary friends with whom I do not need to exchange words. Gestures were enough.

I like to celebrate the Popular Saints (a popular party here in Portugal) because they remind me who I am. And among many other things, I'm a Portuguese from Lisbon that is captivated by dances and  manjericos (little basil plant) and passion fruit punches.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9